1) Download 'ns-allinone-2.35' from :
2) Extract the downloaded zip file 'ns-allinone-2.35.tar.gz file' to desktop.
3) Now you need to download some essential packages for ns2,these packages can be downloaded by using the following command : applications>accessories>terminal or dashhome>trminal
then type the below line on the terminal window
"sudo apt-get install build-essential autoconf automake libxmu-dev libtool gcc"
or type this command
"sudo apt-get install autoconf automake gcc g++ build-essential libxmu-dev libtool libxt-dev"
4) Now change your directory(here i have already extracted the downloaded files to desktop,so my location is desktop) type the following codes in the command window to install NS2.
The installation procedure will take a few minutes..........
5) After compleating the installation type the following command in the command window
6) Now an editor window appears,please copy and paste the follwing codes in the end of the text file (note that '/home/abhiram/Desktop/ns-allinone-2.35/octl-1.14' in each line in the below code should be replaced with your location where the 'ns-allinone-2.35.tar.gz'file is extracted)
7) Save and close the text editor and then type the following command on the terminal
8) Close the terminal window and start a new terminal window and now change the directory to ns-2.35 and validate ns-2.35 by exicuting the following command ( it takes 30 to 45 minutes)
9) If the installation is successful, then you will be able to see % at the command prompt while typing the following command
10) Now type